Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Weak 1 Update part 2

Here I am with part 2 of this simple update.
If you haven't guessed by now, I am planning to call each project a "weak", so this is week 2 for weak 1.
I have finished scanning in all the cards for the storyboard, and I am starting the next phase or 2.  The next 2 phases involve drawing the actual images and scanning them in, and compiling all these storyboard cards into an animatic.
An animatic, for those who don't know, is a simple and dirty animation that uses the storyboard cards to show a basic idea of what the final scene should look like.  Often, there are many tests between the first animatic and the final product, and these are also sometimes called animatics, and sometimes just called test scenes.  I am not going to be doing any test scenes for this short, since it is very simple.  However, I will probably explore tis idea later for a future project.
For now, I am going to draw more of the images I know I am going to use, as well as putting together this animatic.
I will try to make the animatic by the weekend, so I have something animated to show.  This will let me feel better about myself, get a better sense of the timing and length, and also set up videos on this site (probably through youtube).

So now I am off to pick up my sketchbook, which was accidentally picked up by a friend and is still at her house.  I have a lot to do, and little time to do it in, but what else is new?

Next, I will post a review of Monsters Inc. on Blu-ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment