Monday, February 8, 2010

Weak 1 update, with pictures

Greetings!
It's about time I did another update on my progress relating to my Weak 1 animation.  So far, I have given you all a glimpse at the animation through a storyboard, which took enough time, but was well worth it.
Now, I would like to show some of the original sketches I have done.  These sketches are intended to be used in the final animation itself, and are merely elements of the scenes, but not all of them are up to par and will need to be re-worked, some from scratch, before they are ready to be put in the final animation.
I realize that these are very sketchy, and they don't have color and are probably not very accurate, but this wouldn't be "weakly animated" if everything was drawn really well now would it?
The first ones I will show are ones that will need the most reworking done, and the last one is a final image that is ready to be put into the production for coloring and masking, although it may need a better scan first.







Now these are intentionally kept in pencil with a sketchy feel to them.  I particularly like the last image, it has worked out the best so far and probably doesn't really need much more work, if any, to be ready for the rest of the production.  I will probably scan these all again at a later time, but for now these are good to get opinions and suggestions.
The hardest one of these will be the 4th one, as it will need to have animating wheels.  Since I have already drawn this, I will probably have to go back and draw the wheels again separately, in sequence to show the animation.  The traffic light will also need more done to it, to make sure the light sways back and forth as the little car flies past it.  I will be adding the bird, Adam, Marge (the little lady), and the cop at a later date, once the backgrounds and other elements are mostly completed.  Once I have these in place, figuring out how to get the characters in place should be easier since I will have a lot of reference to work with.

So, enjoy these images, and please please PLEASE give me your feedback and opinions.  I look forward to hearing from you about what you think of these images.  I am always striving to better myself and my art and animations.
Later this week, besides working on more of these images, I will probably write a review for the movie 9, a movie that really inspires me, since it is really the director's first major motion picture, based off his college thesis.  I want to achieve that kind of success, and that is what I am striving to do with the DAVE school, and my Weakly Animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment