Friday, September 23, 2011

Pencil test 1

Hey everyone.  I have finally finished my first 'official' hand-drawn 2D animation.  It is only a pencil test, and can be a little hard to see.  It is not inked, so it is rather light, but you get the gist of it.  The point of an exercise like this isn't just to draw something animating, but to understand the importance and dynamics of timing, shape, arcs, and the concept of "Ones" and "Twos".  To put it simply, if a single drawing of an animation goes by in one frame, and is following by a new drawing in the next frame, that drawing is on a "One", meaning it lingers for one frame.  If that drawing is on 2 consecutive frames, then it is one "Twos", meaning it lingers for 2 frames.  You can actually have a drawing linger for as many frames as you want, but for the illusion of movement, you should try to avoid anything less than a 2 unless the movement of the object as stopped.
I'm trying to get YouTube to loop this video.  I've seen a looped video before, so if anyone can tell me how to do it, let me know.  Thanks!
So this is a very useful pencil test, and I should have 2 or 3 new animations up next week!
Till then

ADIOS


No comments:

Post a Comment